Richland County, within Region 6, is currently in Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois Plan. Please visit this LINK for details on these resurgence mitigations.
In addition, the City of Olney has taken the following steps in response to COVID-19:
- The Olney City Hall lobby is open to the public. Visitors are asked to wear face coverings and observe social distancing
- Phone and online correspondence is still recommended, if possible. For those residents that need to pay a bill, your can do so in the followig ways to avoid an in-person visit:
1. The "Make a Payment" icon on this website
2. Placing your payment into the dropbox to the left of the front door of City Hall
3. At local banks with a check
4. Via regular mail
5. Via online bill pay through your banking website.
- Late fees have been re-instated as of August 2020, and non-payment disconnections have resumed since May 2020.
- Reservations for park facilities may be made for events that will total no more than 50 people. Keep in mind that reservations may need to be cancelled if State mandates require such.
- City of Olney playgrounds are open.
- Members of the public may either attend open meetings remotely or in-person. Attending remotely is strongly recommended. Links and information on how to attend each meeting may be found on the agenda for the meeting. Council meeting agendas may be found HERE. Board of Appeals agendas may be found HERE. Plan Commission agendas may be found HERE. Tree Board agendas may be found HERE. Parks & Recreation agendas may be found HERE. Fire Pension agendas may be found HERE. Police Pension agendas may be found HERE.